Thursday 10 October 2013

Six word memoir de-brief

I think there were a couple things I learned about story telling. One for them is that you don't need a lot of words to tell a story. You can give people a little glimpse of who you are through six words. I also learned that if your are only using six words you need to choose your six words carefully because you only have six words to use and you need to tell a story with those six words


I think I used my knowledge of story telling skills through my photos. I really like children's books. I like how your words do with your pictures and try and tell a story on your own. I think that my photos add another aspect or layer of story telling. So I used my knowledge of children's novels for putting the picture and photo together to make a story. 

I have learned that as a writer you have a hard time telling a story through six words. It can be done but is difficult. I think that's maybe why most books are so long. As a reader and reading other peoples six word memoirs you learn a little bit about them. Such as what they are interested in or their thoughts on certain topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment