Thursday 12 September 2013

Reading survey

I have a couple of favourite authors. All of them have different writing styles though. One of Them is J.k. Rowling. Harry Potter has always been one of my favourite series. I like the way she suggests that there are other worlds within our own. The stories are exciting as well as interesting. One of my other favourite authors is Sarah Dessen. Her stories are normally about teenage love  but I still find them enjoyable to read. One thing I really enjoy about her novels is that they all have different characters in them but they are all in the same town and things that are in other books are referenced. So it has some familiarity for fans but at the same time it is not confusing to new readers. 

I have only re-read a couple of books. One of them is why we broke up by Daniel Handler. It is one of y favourite books mostly because I really enjoy the format the book is written in. I like that it is a letter that goes along with a box of things. In the letter the significance of every object is explained and how it relates to why they broke up. The other book that I have re read a couple times is Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. 
  I just really enjoy the story even though it is sad. It is one of those books that's fluff but is still enjoyable and heart wrenching. 

I think that one of the ways that I decide which books to read is by what the cover of the book looks like. To me if it as an interesting cover I will be more likely to pick it up and start reading it. I think this is mostly because the cover is the first thing you see and the first thing that grabs your attention. The other thing that will make me more likely to read a book is If it has an interesting title. Most of the time it gives you an idea of what the the book will be about. I think with an interesting title it will r an interesting book and more often then not it is. But I still think that there are a lot of different ways to goose a book that are better then my way. 

I have an iPhone that I use for everything all the time. It is my child. I never let it out of my sight. It comes with me everywhere. I also have an iPad that I use for searching things up on the Internet as well as reading in iBooks by downloading PDFs of the Internet. I also use it for Netflix. I normally e read on that. I do not e read on my iPhone because I think the screen is to small. I don't have twitter or a blog just because I haw never really found use for one but I wouldn't like to learn about both though.

No comments:

Post a Comment